• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mother of all a64 mobos?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

What are the best current a64 mobos and what have they been able to pull off?

edit
Uh, maybe we can make this a little more narrow: What boards/chipsets have 4+ sata ports and a working pci/agp lock?

Last edited:
the older boards that everyone seemed to like were the shuttle an50r and gigabyte k8n pro.. as for the new boards people should be finally getin some of them to give us more there results.

I'm seriously considering the MSI K8N Neo. My memory will go to DDR515 but with only DDR400 in their bios menu, I guess my memory is a waste in this setup now. CPU will be AMD64 3200+

Also the MSI board dosen't have AGP/PCI lock does it? I've seen some reviews of hitting 300FSB with a 7 muliplier. I'll be hoping for 2.4Ghz with the MSI and the 3200+

The Neo Platinum does has an agp lock. The ram in automode goes in spec with the fsb
viperlair.com said:
In the DRAM Configuration page, you can configure the maximum memory speed depending on the ram you have. Setting it to Auto will default to to the CPU's FSB

Also, I'm not sure where I read it but I'm fairly sure that runing out of spec won't kill performance an a64 boards as it does for nf2. If anyone could give some verification of that that'd be great.

Ordered MSI K8N NEO :D, Just deciding where the best price for AMD64 3200+ is here in Canada. Looks like $370-$399cdn. Hoping to have system together middle of week. I'm doing a ****load of tests with my 3.0C at stock and 3.6Ghz to compare the AMD64 to. 3dmark 03 and 01, AM3, PCmark04, Sandra CPU Arithmetic, etc.

the MSI K8N looks nice. My leadtek K8N has 4 sata ports and an AGP lock, but no PCI lock. Not really a big deal unless you have phase-change though.

Back