• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy.... I mean..... Wait what?.... Holdolin.... HayseK..... give me a moment....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
@WhitehawkEQ called me yesterday and amoung other topics, noted that our #1 point earner has changed. Now this is not new news. Many have stretched HayseK over the years. HayseK used to be regularly challenged by Macaholic. HayseK was always able to bring in more power and even with other challengers has been able to stay on top.

@HayesK has been our #1 earner for a very long time. We occasionally see someone come in and challenge him for the #1 spot and HayesK is able to pull production from elsewhere to regain his spot. Macaholic was his biggest challenger for a long time. Back and forth they would go. We've seen other challengers come in and HayesK has been able to fend them off. Under his current user name Hayes has nearly 40 billion. Under his old name he has 10 billion. Note: A few years back many of us changed our folding names to earn folding coins. Coins that have little to no value currently. So this is what Holdolin is up against.

@Holdolin was an active folder years ago who has returned to us around the end of November beginning of December of 2022. Welcome back. Holdolin presently has earned over 6 billion. In the two months that he has been back to folding, he has earned about 2.5 billion. At his current rate, Holdolin is set to overtake the original HayesK in about a month to a month and a half. We're talking going from over 6 billion to over 10 billion in less than two months. Passing the current HayesK will take more time. About 17-18 years.

So the question is: Will Holdolin take the top slot? Will he pass HayesK? Will we all be awestruck? (We are.) Will HayesK mount a counter attack? What will happen? We don't know. I want to know.

I don't know about you but I'll be watching and cheering for both team members. WOOT!
:beer: :clap: :popcorn: :comp:
Post magically merged:

As I was writting this, HayesK has responded. I see he is up to 87 million in the last 24 hours compared to Holdolin's .... wait... 101 million ppd.

OK....

Hold on guys....

Everytime I look, I see large numbers. Then I look again and the numbers are larger yet. I don't know that we are seeing the height that these guys are reaching.

Keep on eye on this race 'yall.

Last edited:
You know don, if you're not already, I see a future as a sports announcer :p Anyway, a victory hard-faught is the sweetest. I been watching too. When I first started to up my game and put pressure on our friend, I noticed his "other sources" dip and figured it was going to divert over here. A few days ago said other source went to 0, yet all that PPD wasn't over here yet. Frankly, I was about starting to worry there was a casualty somewhere in his fleet. It seems the rest of the fleet has taken aim. @HayesK my friend: to the victor goes the spoils. The greatest part about all this is, no matter who wins, the cause comes out ahead. How can that not put a smile on your face. Fold on my friends :cheers:

So my wife just read this thread and said 2 things to me:
1) Hunny, don't kill our electric bill
2) The next GPU you buy, I want an iPad

So yes, funding for fleet expansion is approved. I made the joke to her "you know baby, you being the immunologist/virologist of the house, I think I do more medical research than you do :p "
Post magically merged:

$600 monthly electric bill?
Um ya, that's about where I have a soft cap. This is why I worry more about PPD/Watt than PPD/Price. Of course aquisition cost is a consideration, but the bigger one for me is the long-term cost of fueling this fleet.

You love to see it!

Nice of both of y'all to give me *someone* in my rearview for awhile ;)

Alas, there's not a lot I can do to hold onto my top-9 spot in the face of this HELLACIOUS onslaught. But I'll defend it for the next month and a half or so.

Welcome back, Holdolin. What a return.

My folding PPD has been affected past few days by unstable internet connection and power outages. HFM is currently showing 42 slots active, 127MM ppd.

Internet has been flaky for a while, but was unusable Sunday morning. Not sure if my modem or the ISP, but blew out the dust in the modem, pointed a fan at it and ordered a replacement, which I installed late this afternoon and appears to be working fine.

Tornado missed us by a few miles yesterday. No damage at my house, but did a lot of damage in Pasadena and Deer Park. My folding farm went down several times during the bad weather.

Some of the expats at the "other source" have returned home, but the remainder are currently folding as HayesK_GRC_724e7c4546744e3441b763e5d15d1247.

Gridcoin (GRC) can be earned crunching for any team, but does require a folding username with format <username>_GRC_<Boinc CPID>. If the GRC earnings from folding are worthwhile, my T32 folding name may change too ...

Some info at the Folding Forum with links to additional info .

Gridcoin poll to whitelist Folding@Home (via adapter)

Last edited:
Hayes. Whatever you're doing, it has always been great. Thus, when you get challanged, it's news.

Happy to hear that even tornados fear your awesome power.

Thank you for news on Gridcoin. Looking forward to knowing more.

I think Hayes just switched all of his folding farm to HayesK_GRC_724e7c4546744e3441b763e5d15d1247 folding name. No points update for his T32 name or Curecoin name as of 12:00pm CST.

I think Hayes just switched all of his folding farm to HayesK_GRC_724e7c4546744e3441b763e5d15d1247 folding name. No points update for his T32 name or Curecoin name as of 12:00pm CST.
Lack of electricity => zero ppd. Mine was only off for a little while this morning, but then have to restart everything. A lot of folks in area still without power from the tornado. From the news, "So far, CenterPoint has had to replace about 150 damaged power poles in the Deer Park and Pasadena areas."

HayesK_ALL will get to 40 billion at T32. Already at 90 billion at FAH stats. HayesK_ALL_18SjyNbF8VdXaNAFCVfG4rAHUyvtdmoFvX

HayesK_GRC currently about 200 million at FAH stats HayesK_GRC_724e7c4546744e3441b763e5d15d1247

Last edited:
Back