• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apacer (samsung chips) pc3200 is good stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LesterP

Apacer (samsung chips) pc3200 is cheap and good!

just had an opportunity to swap 1gig of Buffalo Tech pc3200 w/ winbond CH-5 chips for Apacer (samsung chips) pc3200 (these are literally one of the cheapest sticks of pc3200 at Newegg - $87 the other day). ddr533 out of ddr400 ram ain't too bad. chips are marked -TCCC.

Last edited:
the ram is now running at 1:1 = ddr533 at 2.75v.

Last edited:
this Apacer hit the wall at 268, lots of memtest errors, but super stable at 266/2.75v (max on the board). seems like this stuff might be the real deal. assuming that these aren't phenom sticks and i can't believe i got lucky enough to get 2 great sticks.

LesterP said:
this Apacer hit the wall at 268, lots of memtest errors, but super stable at 266/2.75v (max on the board). seems like this stuff might be the real deal. assuming that these aren't phenom sticks and i can't believe i got lucky enough to get 2 great sticks.

the early kingston pc4000 employed samsung chips. although they didnt oc much over 250. seems like the newer binned stuff is overclocking much better. i wonder how hi it will go on 3.2volts?

Back