• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA3+ and new m2600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedDawg41

m2600 from newegg
IQYHA 0351 MPMW Y911462A40133
AIRCOOLED w/Thermalright SLK-947U w/2 Smartfans @Max speed
Mem: Twinmos PC3700 2.5-3-3-9

Processor #1 : Mobile AMD Athlon XP(Model A) / C95DA42C
Platform : Socket A (Socket 462)
Vendor String : AuthenticAMD
CPU Type : Original OEM Processor (0)
Family : 6 (7)
Model : 10 (10)
Stepping ID : 0 (0)

Internal Clock : 2787.57 MHz
System Bus : 446.01 MHz DDR
System Clock : 223.01 MHz
Multiplier : 12.5

L1 I-Cache : 64K Byte
L1 D-Cache : 64K Byte
L1 T-Cache : ----
L1 Cache : ----
L2 Cache : 512K Byte
L2 Speed : 2787.57 MHz (Full)

MMX Unit : Supported
SSE Unit : Supported
SSE2 Unit : Not Supported
MMX2 Unit : Supported
3DNow! Unit : Supported
3DNow!+ Unit : Supported

can't seem to get any pics on here. don't know why. any tips please let me know.

Wow man that is really nice, looks like you got yore money worth out of that chip. May i ask what yore power supply is? Thanks.

That's the setup I'm aiming for.

I already got the AthlonXPm 2600+, plan to get the MB later ( I curently have an 8RDA+)

SO, the more info the better! The PSU is a good one, but I would like to know your temps and voltages. PLZ pretty plz ! :D

:clap:
Antec TruePower Supply 550 watts. has the voltage controls for the +12v and +5v. works fine and doesn't deviate as much at my old 450 from antec.

sorry took so long to respond, been working the night shifts and this is about the time i can respond back.

Temps r around 44/45c idle add about 7c when playing online games or running some benchies. all i can say is it has plenty of air flow, 3 intakes x80mm fans plus 3 outtakes fans. temps @home is around 78degrees f. i have taken it up to 2.8GHz on air, but will only boot in safemood. haven't figured out why. all my apps(nongames) open up fine. will eventually burn it in @2.1vcore to see if i can get it stable to 2.8Ghz on air. Don't hesitate to ask any Q's you may have. GL on your board selection.

Well, now I KNOW I need a new heatsink and case. Those are my temps exactly :(

Setup below, stock voltages

RedDawg what are your power settings? I have the 8rda3+, 2600 xpm with Golden Dragon 3500 433 mhz. - power supply is 550 watts. I am new to OCing and looking for some help. Thanks

Power setting as far as what? Bios setting?
If i cud remember them, they're pretty much set as tight as possible.
one thing for you all to know, I have tried numerous times to OC this board with the APIC disabled an pretty much got no where. When I did a complete overhaul on my system, I enabled APCI (APIC?), and viola! Board worked like a charm after a clean install. This board will not recognize the multi's above 13. you can adjust everything below from 12.5. That's fine cause you want to run better at the higher fsb.
** changed out the m2400 to an m2600 0351 mpmw. with the sp97 and 2 smartfans, 2.8GHz @1.95vcore! nice for it to only boot into windows safe mode though! 2.786GHz was nice on air cool got me into window and a couple of games of lineage2/FarCry and a couple of others. 3dmark2001se was 0ver 18k! also note that i've added some heatsinks to this board on the mosfets, you can get themfrom Sidewindercomputer.com they sell them in bags of 8pieces. Good investment if you ask me. additionally, i've swapped out the twinmos pc3700 512mb stick for 2 mushkin pc3200 special edition 222 mem mods 2x512mb. i've been hearing alot about these bh-5 mem sticks and it's working right now 2-2-2-5 timings past 220FSB. my nipples got hard afterseeing these results.
let me know what else i can help with. c ya l8tr

RedDawg41
What difference did the Mushkin special edition ram make ? Is it worth it ? My ram will run 2-3-3-8 but only up to 200 Mhz on the FSB after that Ive got to drop it back to 2.5-3-3-8. There actually not a whole lot of difference between the two when I run the memory bench in Sandra and AIDA32. Did you happen to do any testing ?
Also where did you stop with the m2600 on the 8RDA3+ ?

Back