• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Great, What Thermal Paste Do You Use Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What TIM do you use?

• Arctic Silver 5

Votes: 1,252 69.9%
  • Arctic Silver 2,3 or Ceramique or Arctic Alumina (post below which)

Votes: 355 19.8%
  • Nanotherm Silver XTC Or Other Nanotherm thermal compound (Post below which)

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • Nanotherm PCM+

Votes: 5 0.3%
  • Shin-Etsu (any paste varient)

Votes: 26 1.5%
  • Shin-Etsu Thermal Interface Pad or Intel Thermal pad (Post below which)

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Silicone Compound (any)

Votes: 30 1.7%
  • OCZ ULTRA 5+

Votes: 20 1.1%
  • Thermagon (any variety)

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • -OTHER- Please post below

Votes: 94 5.2%

• Total voters

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
" I thought it might be interesting to do a poll on what thermal interface material (TIM) members are using.

Please choose one you use primarily, and perhaps post any others you use less frequently

Thank you!

1Time
"

Last edited:
Me either, But I use GC Electronics Type 44.
Great stuff, never dries, never conducts, and is easy to remove as it's not silicone based. It also works great for those experiencing problems using ASx on sub-zero applications.

You should try it Sam, I hear it's pretty tasty too ;)

Well if theres's no poll how is it two people voted? :bang head

PS I tried hard to include as many as I could, when you make a Poll it only lets you have ten choices :(

Last edited:
AS3. I have a tube that I've been using for a year or so now. I won't upgrade until I run out.:D

Ceramique. I dont take my computer appart much anymore since its such a peice that cant overclock, and its nice to have that long term, stable and consistant thermalpaste on there. AS3 and 5 is wonderful for the weekend overclocking tests, but for longer term, actully doing work.. i wouldnt trust it.

Mostly AS3 so thats what i voted for

I ordered a tube of Ceramique but they goofed and sent me AS5 insted so ive used that aswell. No real perefrance, Performance is the same, AS3 is easy to spread and AS5 is impossible but i hear that your not spose to spread AS5 anyway, just use a 'rice grain' blob

Back