• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your 3.0GHz P4 800MHzFSB temperatures at idle and load?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flav_cool

Registered
Hi,

I have a 3.0C GHz P4, and I would like to know if you have this same CPU what your temperatures are at idle and load so we can compare.

I think mine are a bit high:

Idle:40-46C (winter to summer)
Load:56.5-59.5 (winter to summer)

Please tell me temps you got with Prime95 running for at least 10 min.

Thank You,

Flaviu

But to get it more acurate you may need to add:

What are the ambient temps.
&
Is your cpu running stock.

I guess that might help. ;) I have a 2.4c so mine may be off compaired to yours, but as of now I am at 42C load.

I wanted you guys to paste yours, what mine are isn't very important, but just so u know to compare:

I have about 26C ambient (and thats an idle of 45 and load of 58...almost the top ones which are during pure summer.)

I have a DFI motherboard with intel chip 865PE. THe motherboard model is PS-83BL

I also have a Zalman 7000Cu Heatsink and Fan applied with AS3.

2 intake fans (one front one side), two outake (one back, one above psu)...and thats about it.

ok man. When i first put my system together, (listed below) before oc'ing, i was getting about 39 load, 50 max load, ambient tmp was 25, its not to far off yours, but what surprises me is that your not using the stock intel cooler like i was, (system had, stock intel HSF, a side intake, and top exhaust both 80mm) and was runnign dual channel at 1:1 800 fsb.

So if your case has two intakes two exhausts, and a non stock intel hsf, i would have expected much better cooling.

with my rig @ 3.4 gig 900fsb 1:1 before i installed a gigabyte 3D cooler ultra GT (using stock intel hsf) i was getting temps like yours.

One thing i will suggest though, is get your airflow working correct, i dont see a lot of point having an exhaust at the top, then one at the back, if you can, try putting two exhausts at the back, and turn your top exhaust into an intake, it will help cool ram and cpu, because the air will be sucked in from top, front and side, rush over the MB and cpu ram, then right out again.

i ended up doing this hey, two 80mm outakes at the back, then sealed the back up so no hot air could be forced back into the case through open pci brakets, then i turned the top exhaust into an intake, coupled with the side intake this got my temps down 3-5 degrees even before i installed the gigabyte GT, and as usual, cleanup your cables, if they are in the way they will seriously cause big fluctuations in your cooling.

now with my sig specs, i get 37 idle, 53 Max load and they r summer time tmps. winter is like 32 - 48, so cooling these 3.0c's with air is totally possible.

Back