• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS for pletier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scap

I want to buy the 156watt peltier from BEcooling but it takes 18.5 amps could a 300 watt PS do it cause they say it can't. however i have one that is not doing anything but fans right not that i would use

I would say that you should get something more in the 350+ W range for something like that, remember, the bigger, the better ;)

Yeah that would be nice but i am on a pretty bad bugget right now cause i just bought all that water cooling anything cheaper you guys can think of. OR is there a better pelt i should use instead

156 watt pelts draw a little over 16 amps. A 20 amp 13.8 volt ham radio PSU is a good match. I believe even the Shack sells them.

Note that for the most part computer PSU aren't going to cut it for TECs due to the higher voltage ratings.

Back