• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New NVidia drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billobob0

Registered
When the X800XT first came out, it seemed to beat the 6800Ultra by a small margin; however, since the newest batch of reviews has came out due to the PCI-E cards and Nvidia's lower parts, it seems that in these new benches the 6800U is on par with the XT, beating it many more benchmarks than it did at its inception. Are Nvidia's latest drivers that good, or did I miss something?

We'll I don't know about any new drivers that came out recently, but nVidia should be able to make some substantial increases in preformance with new drivers. The X600's are basically using an old core that's had drivers written for it for awhile. (I know not excatly but its close) nVidia on the other hand has a new core to work with. They can make a lot of tweaks to it as time goes by and they get better at writing the drivers.

billobob0 said:
When the X800XT first came out, it seemed to beat the 6800Ultra by a small margin; however, since the newest batch of reviews has came out due to the PCI-E cards and Nvidia's lower parts, it seems that in these new benches the 6800U is on par with the XT, beating it many more benchmarks than it did at its inception. Are Nvidia's latest drivers that good, or did I miss something?

you didn't miss a thing....

what you might not have noticed is that the latest reviews are getting slopy, and are not showing the whole story.
they ether fail to bench the x800pro with the newer cat4.6 drivers, or they keep failing to show if they left briliner filtering on or off.
I've even just saw a review that didn't list what drivers are used for the 6800gt and the x800pro....I almost died laughing.

I would highly recamend you stop reading such garbage, and wait for more people here to talk about the newest cards.

mica

Back