• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! New PC wont boot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prankstar008

I just built a new computer that consists of:

2 WD SATA HDD's

ABIT NF7-S

thats really all that is important for this issue.

Anyways I set up a RAID array by pressing F4 after BIOS posts and select stripping and auto config. It creates the arrays and detects my drives without any problems. Then when the windows install program loads I press F6 to load a 3rd party driver. After windows loads everything I get a screen that says insert your 3rd party disk to install drivers. I put the disk in and install Silicon Image SATA driver and press enter. Then windows install program reloads everything with the SATA driver. Then It says choose a partition. All I have is unpartitioned space so I pressed "C" to create a new partition, which happens sucessfuly. Then I did a quick NTFS format. Then windows copies all the files into the Windows directory and then the computer reboots. After this the computer posts and boots from the windows CD. After that it says something like detecting hardware config. Then the screen goes blank, and nothing happens. No HDD led no CD-ROM led, just a blank screen. HELP!!!! pleaes. :cry:

western digitals require you remove jumpers from both hdds when doing raid check and see if you removed them

Ive seriously tried everything, i removed the jumpers and even loaded windows on an IDE drive and formated the array from there. I still get a blank screen after the 1st reboot of the windows instlation. Any more sugestions???

none of the drives are dead cause i can install it on the individual drives, but when there in an array its a nogo. I'm getting really frustrated and I even fololowed the RAID guide in the abit fourms no to avail. HELP!

Back