• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to CS how do i play online ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Im having problems trying to connect to any servers, when i try to connect by tthe time the timmer gets to like 80 seconds it says something like couldnt connect or something.

Where can i find the latest patch for CS.

If ur wondering why im new to CS its becauseo f this very problem i was never able to figure out how to play online

CandymanCan said:
Well i finally was able to connect to servers now but its laggy as heck and my ping was only 100 and fps was 200

well if ure ping is that low, its prob the ppl or were the server is located. try getting a server closer to u.

How am i ganna ind a server near me? , for theo the guys question i have Comcast cable.

Usually my ping is about 10 or so in any online g ames but this one it was a little bit higher.

i dont think that couter strike shows more than 100fps. but 100 ping time is fine. what do you mean by lag...

we all know it is. but does your game freeze or pauses for a split second or you just jump arrout everywhere.

counter-strike does show over 100fps, i can usually get around 150-300.

as for your ping problem, it's probably just the location of the server. it sounds like you have 1.5?? you should download steam then get counter-strike 1.6.

its a lot easier to get access to online games and such.

Back