• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

drivers wont install for x800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Hi guys,
just bought a Saphire x800 pro...but I cant get the drivers for it to install.
I've tried the CD it came with, the 4.5 beta cats, 4.7s, and I'm about to try the 4.4 cats.

Everytime I try the 4.5s it tells me:
INF Error
Video Driver not found

Then it tells me to install a stardard VGA driver...well XP wont do that.
So...any ideas on what I'm doing wrong

This card, just for fyi, was flashed to an XT bios by the person I bought it from, I wouldn't see that making a differance though. This pro is identical to the XT though, has the Theator chip, 1.6ns ram, and has the XT codes on the core. I havent done the mod, but if I can ever get drivers to install, I might try

bah, finally got it. The "Stable" 4.5 cats did the trick.
Was about to smash my brains out on the desk if that didn't work hehehe

Now to get the guts to try the pipeline mod...

I have the Sapphire X800 card as well, I have just put system together,

Chaintech VNF3 250
A64 3000 Clawhammer @ 2.3 to 2.4 real soon
2x512 Hynix PC3200
2x36 GB Raptor raid 0
Sapphire X800
Antec Sonata w 380w psu
Pioneer A05U DVD-RW

I installed the most recent Omega driver 2.5.5.1 everything went smooth, but I am on a completely fresh install. Glad to see yours worked fine now and good luck on mod, I am leaving the card as is for a while.

CK

Cisco Kid said:
I installed the most recent Omega driver 2.5.5.1 everything went smooth, but I am on a completely fresh install. Glad to see yours worked fine now and good luck on mod, I am leaving the card as is for a while.
CK

I'm actually not sure its working right as it is lol. I went through the 4.5 installer and that didn't work. Going through the device manger and manually selecting the 4.5 did seem to work...but I'm not certain yet

I did run 3dmark 01, was lower then my 9800pro, so I'm not sure what to think yet. I am downloading 3dmark03, but all of the mirrors on the FM website blow and I'm getting about 10k/s :(

I'm gonna play with it more while that download is going and see whats going on. Might have to try those Omegas for the hell of it. This is a fresh install btw

Codeman05 said:
I'm actually not sure its working right as it is lol. I went through the 4.5 installer and that didn't work. Going through the device manger and manually selecting the 4.5 did seem to work...but I'm not certain yet

I did run 3dmark 01, was lower then my 9800pro, so I'm not sure what to think yet. I am downloading 3dmark03, but all of the mirrors on the FM website blow and I'm getting about 10k/s :(

I'm gonna play with it more while that download is going and see whats going on. Might have to try those Omegas for the hell of it. This is a fresh install btw

I only use the Omegas have for the longest time. ATI stuff is good no doubt I just think the IQ is a bit better on Omega, I will post runs of 3D03 and 01 later I amjust installing software and getting TIGHT

CK

Have you modified which programs load off the start?

I had a similar issue when I accidently forced ATI Poller or any other ATI auto-configger to be disabled on boot up.

Just a thought.

nope didn't touch any of that.
Just did a clean reinstall of XP, so we'll see how it goes. Gonna give those Omegas a shot this time around

yep Cisco, your a genius.
I've always been kinda skeptical about the omegas...no idea why, but I'm sold for life now. Detected the card right away as a x800 XT PE :D

Now just going to attach the waterblock, OC like crazy, run a few benchies, and then try the hardmod. Dosen't look like theres any way to ruin the card on the hardmod, unless you do something incredibly stupid

This is kind of an off the wall question but since you guys have X800Pro's, I was wondering if you guys have an overdrive tab like the 9800XT's do? I just installed my Sapphire X800Pro and I don't have one. I used the Cat 4.6 Drivers.

I'm not sure. I've got the x800 xt bios installed, and so I do have the tab. I think if you did the same, the tab would show up...but I'm not sure.

Btw, I got 10.7k in 3d03 at XT speeds (Cpu @ only 2.3 for the test), seems like the card has plenty of room to go, so I'll try and max it out, and run the test again before doing the hardmod.

Codeman05 said:
I'm not sure. I've got the x800 xt bios installed, and so I do have the tab. I think if you did the same, the tab would show up...but I'm not sure.

Btw, I got 10.7k in 3d03 at XT speeds (Cpu @ only 2.3 for the test), seems like the card has plenty of room to go, so I'll try and max it out, and run the test again before doing the hardmod.

Here is my score, my first run nothing tweaked at all except cpu running 210fsb . but memory timings and everything else at default. I believe the card will break 10K easy stock with 3000 @ 2.3 or 2.4

Will spend a bit more time tweaking later, looking forward to o/c ing the X800 Pro.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2697623

CK

You guys are lucy to have an X800. Right now im stuck with a 9700pro @ 371/351. I want one so bad. I have to get a job and save up. I wish luck to everyone who trys the X800Pro to XT mod.

Back