• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need confimation for memory timings in NF7 BIOS for Kingston HyperX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fateshammer

Yeah baby! Finally got my second new mobo. I want to make sure I put in the correct values for my timings in the bios.

From Kingston's HyperX datasheet:

Kingston HyperX Features:

* Aluminum heat spreader for thermal diffusion
* 184-pin Unbuffered DDR Modules (Blue Heat Spreaders)

Description Settings
333MHz (PC2700) 2-2-2-5-1 (CAS Latency 2)
400MHz (PC3200) 2-3-2-6-1 (CAS Latency 2)
434MHz (PC3500) 2.5-3-3-7-1 (CAS Latency 2.5)
466MHz (PC3700) 3-4-4-8-1 (CAS Latency 3)
500MHz (PC4000) 3-4-4-8-1 (CAS Latency 3)
533MHz (PC4300) 3-4-4-8-1 (CAS Latency 3)

For my KHX3200AK2 PC3200, the timings would be 2-3-2-6.
Following those, how would that look like in the NF7 bios?
Can anybody confirm if this is correct?

Row-active delay -6
RAS-to-CAS delay - 2
Row-precharge delay - 3
CAS Latency time - 2

I tried to set to SPD, but it did not detect those timings? Or is SPD supposed to be able to detect the manufacturer's rated specs?

Cheers

Thanks, but I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear earlier.
What I want to know is if I got the correct order of the numbers, when I do manual (which is Expert mode in the NF7 bios, if I remember) are those the correct order as what is stated in Kingston's specs.

Kingston specs = 2-3-2-6

NF7 BIOS = 6
2​
3​
2​

I suppose that's more clearer for my original query.
So are those the correct order I'm going to type in the bios in manual mode?

This is the order for timings in my NF7 bios (from top to bottom):

Row-active delay -
RAS-to-CAS delay -
Row-precharge delay -
CAS Latency Time -

You have an Asus A78NX, are they exactly the same order as the NF7? Thanks for the reply.

i know this is an older thread, but i thought it'd be nice to point out the problem here. the nf7-s (i'd imagine the nf7 is the same) switches the order that we normally type when inputting the settings.

for instance, the hyperx pc3200 is rated at 2-3-2-6 (cas-ras to cas-ras/row precharge-tras), but the nf7-s will take it in like this:
6 (tras)
3 (ras to cas)
2 (ras/row precharge)
2 (cas)

it took me a little while to figure out why my system wouldn't boot into windows. it turns out that i was trying to load 2-2-3-6 instead of 2-3-2-6. just make sure you enter it the way i showed above, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Back