• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pioneer DVR-A07U (ie. 107D) vs. DVR-A07XL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roll+call

Any difference apart from the faceplate, 'Quiet Drive' technology, and the software bundle? Still doesn't burn 4x media at 8x from what I understand...
So best to just get the 107D and flash it? (haven't searched for it but I understand there's a way to get it to burn 4x media at 8x, and make it region-free... true?) Dunno if it would work with the XL but I'm guessing NOT MUCH POINT flashing it to something that I could already do with just a 107D.

That faceplate is daaamn sexy though.

i think there is a new firmware that just came out for the 107XL to burn 4x media at 8x and also 12x burn...saw it somewhere..if u want the link i can post it?

I just got the 107XLB....its a sweet looking drive..goes well with my shuttle with aluminum face... :cool:

I'll try to find it but if you can post it I'd really appreciate it. Doubt it's official :p
I know you could flash the regular 107 (A07) with a beta to be able to burn 4x @ 8x. 12x seems doubtful to me... that'd be a hardware limitation wouldn't it? If it does then I'm going to pounce on it in a second.

And ya, looks very slick which is why I'm wondering. :) But I can't justify the extra $$ if I can get the same performance out of the regular a07 or 107oem.

Back