• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Recommended Cases of OCF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Feedback on the list:

Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900: I bought one of and then set up a return with Amazon and dropped it back off at a UPS store the same day it arrived. Instead of a standard PSU bracket, it has a non-removable (without cutting the case apart and obviously voiding warranty) plate and little plug extender, so it will not work with C13 plugs unless you can cram an adapter in between the PSU and the back of the case. Not a good case if you're thinking about actually filling a full tower with hardware and a 1500W+ PSU. Unfortunately they don't seem to effectively advertise that.

I did a review of the dark base pro on this site. https://www.overclockers.com/be-quiet-dark-base-900-pro-case-review/ Nov 3, 2017. You can see pictures of it. I found it a pretty good case overall, but it was heavy.

I would add Coolermaster NR200 in any version. It's maybe similar to some other ITX cases in the last months but it's cheaper, and has some features which are missing in competitive cases like a vertical GPU mount as a second, standard option, or easily removable top and bottom panels so there is easy access to everything.
I recently got one and it's pretty good. The only thing I would change is to add +2-3cm on the top as it's impossible to install AIO there and have to mount it on the side panel. Still, they designed it for that.

Thanks Woomack. I've added it to the 'To Do List' and will add it in once I get the time.

The Phantex Enthoo Elite is a beast... it's basically an expensive "dream tower" kinda thing, running 900$US, basically the closest thing to the old caselabs cases i could find, but "prettier": tempered glass hinged side-panel with its own filtered air vent strip. high quality materials: aluminum, but heavy 70 pounds.

it's an extreme full tower that can house 2 (TWO) complete systems. the first can be any size, the second an ITX. it has 2 power + 2 reset buttons. vertical GPU with riser cable. it can hold at least THREE 480 push-pull radiators at the same time, or 3 - 420s + the front mount for a 560 + the side mount for another 360 / 240. Several places for reserviors and 2 pump mounts (that can be hidden in the large wire-management chamber). it has lots of options for storage (up to 13 internal HDD trays, 6 places for the sideways SSD mounts, 4 visible, 2 hidden behind the mobo tray), an optional ODD cage, mounts for 2 PSU's (and Phantek's PSU Splitter or combiner), 3 separate chambers for neatness /wire management (you can hide the PSU sideways "behind" the motherboard tray), RGB controls and fan splitters, room for lots of fans (up to 20 ~120s or 18 ~140s without rads), and lots of filters.

the little brother is the Enthoo 719 and much more affordable, under 200$US

i have hopes to show pics of the new system by the end of the week, but we'll see if i have time.

It looks like the site roll back we had last month removed some updates. I'll need to go through this list a redo some of them when I get the chance.

Anyone else using a Lian Li O11 Dynamic? Just upgraded my desktop with one, and it's honestly a builder's case - one of the easiest builds I've done from a "getting it together" standpoint.

For height and depth, it's fairly average as far as mid towers go. But it's several inches wider than most towers I've seen, with more space behind the motherboard which helps with cable management - one of my main complaints with the Corsair 500R it replaced. The case can also be mostly disassembled with just two thumbscrews - take the top off (giggity) and the side panels and front panel simply lift out.

And it can be a midtower powerhouse as well with mounts for three separate 3x120mm radiators.

The only two downsides? I wish there was an extra 1/2" of width on the motherboard side. With a 2080 that has the 8 pin power connecters on the top of the card, the side panel really presses down on the PSU cabling more than I'd like. Also it doesn't come with any stock case fans, but with an AIO set in the top radiator slot in an exhaust orientation everything seems cucumber cool.

I've read that the airflow is less than ideal in the Lian Li 011 but haven't seen them hands-on so I'm just repeating what I've read. I'd love to read what your thoughts are on the airflow.

There is also an "air" version without glass on the front and better airflow on the top. Personally, I don't really like these cases. At first, I was like, "it's great," but in time, I noticed some annoying things that were coming back when I wanted to rebuild my PCs (I have 2 of these cases, one standard, one air).
On the bottom, I'm missing like 20mm to install a radiator with fans and so it won't block the motherboard and some connectors. If I want to replace the motherboard, I have to remove the whole cooling.
Steel isn't really thick as in some competitive products. Remove the top panel and front and try to move the case with components inside and you will see how it's bending.
Both my cases weren't the highest quality. On the standard one, I have problems installing the top panel as holes are not perfect and I have to put pressure to close it (like a lot of pressure). I also hate that Lian-Li/der8auer plate glued in a stupid place. Maybe I'm picky but Lian-Li was doing higher-quality cases some years ago. Now, most have some stupid ideas or design flaws. I reviewed some of their stuff in the last few years, and some, not the best ideas, are coming back. I don't know who decided that white+silver is a good combination, especially with glass that has a black frame. The same in more cases.

I liked them too... especially the 'air' version where there looks to be a lot more airflow.

I'll let you all know how that Azza Opus works out. Open air...Checked all the boxes for me.... so we'll see.

When I had 7900X+1080Ti, then the airflow in the "air" version was fine, while in the case were 2x360 rads with slow spinning fans. A single RX6800XT and Ryzen 5900X/360 AIO (AIO on top) without additional fans were running hot in the standard O11. I have about the same GPU temps in Jonsbo UMX4 (something like this) which maybe doesn't look like but has better airflow (and is higher quality but that's another thing). Actually, I can recommend Jonsbo UMX4 (window or not as it doesn't change anything) and it's one of the recommended cases by Noctua for a passive NH-P1 cooler.

Airflow was decent, though I'm cheating*. Out this week but over the weekend I had Prime95 going and the 12700 peaked mid 70s - but I'll admit I'm not using the proper s1700 bracket for this cooler, waiting on NZXT to ship one so I kinda jury-rigged the 1366/115x mount.

After several passes of 3DMark, the CPU was sitting in the mid 50s and the 2080 in the low 60s. I've got 2x6TB WD Blacks in the drive cage and an 8TB WD Red Pro on the support mount, so 3x7200rpm drives shoehorned behind the mobo tray along with the PSU. Did a full format on the two Blacks simultaneously and they peaked at 33-34.

*The rad for the X73 is in the top slot set to exhaust and I have the fan profile set to performance and linked to CPU temp, so they spin up quick at any sign of load. When I get home, one of the things I want to try is slowing those fans down, pulling the Noctuas out of the old 500R, and dropping them in the bottom rad slot.

Last edited:
Back