• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help! Main folding rig is down.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

I have shut down folding on my main folder because WU's are staying in the Queue, and not being sent. I have had this problem before, and previously, after 10 were completed, it would send all 10 in. I stopped folding on this computer because I completed 12, and 2 were deleted.

I have posted this on the Folding site at Stanford's website, but I would really like to get this computer working again.

From the responces I got before, I need to switch to the console version, I was running the Graphic version. How do I switch so I not lose the 9 completed WU's in the queue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also let me know any other info you might need.

Internet: Dialup
IE enabled
Folding must request permission to get online.
No acceleration used.
Don't tell anyone, but (no firewall or anything running).

Thanks!

Oh yeah, Prime 95 works for 15 hours, no errors, no warnings.

E

I've heard others have a few problems when using dial-up. Not sure, but the first problem I see is: "Folding must request permission to get online." I would change this. Not too familiar with the Graphical client; I use the cosole version because it's faster, easier to control and configure, and isn't buggy. I'd say that you should wait until you current client has uploaded the WUs in queue before you switch to a different client. No point in losing all that work. There's a flag you can use on the console to only turn work in (-send all), but I don't know about the graphical. Sorry I don't have the answer.

Have you tried using the -send all flag? Also, have you checked to see which server(s) you need to send units too? The server stat page can tell you if they're down or not. http://folding.stanford.edu/serverstat.html Hmm, looks like all the servers are up. Try the -send all flag and see if that helps.

Send all flag?

Please help out here. I have no idea what you are talking about, so consider me an ignorant person. How do I do this flag thing?

Thanks for the responces!

E

Right click the shortcut to folding and go to the properties. In the target box, go to the end of the line, hit the spacebar one time and add "-send all" without quotes. It should look similar to this after you're done:

C:\Folding\winFAH.exe -forceSSE -send all

Folding again!

Thanks for the -send all info. I was able to send in 9 this morning. I finished another WU today, cannot send it in. I guess I will keep trying the -send all, untill I get it sent in.

Thanks!

E

Back