• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct x for UT 2004

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johny503

Registered
Hi guys...lately I got UT2004 and got some freetime to play. I like it a lot, actually I love it. I have a good rig xp3000 but an old asus 6800 geforce256 ddr :santa2: So far it runs just fine, Im using that 60+ nvidia driver and also directx 9b. I just like to ask should I be using any of these? Could these new stuff affect my game performance since the hardware is pretty old?? What driver and driectx is best for my geforce256 thanks.

Geforce 256? Nm just googled it and DAMN that card is old :) That can actually play UT2k4? The drivers should prolly be downgraded to a 4x.xx series driver. Although the card doesn't support DX9 hardware in any way, you're gonna need it to play UT. Looked up the specs for your card and it was only made for DX7 support. whew.

I commend you on tolerating UT2k4 on that card :) :beer:

Thanks perman....heheh....yes...Im playing it right now and it plays just fine no problem. Sometimes Im amaze what this card has done for me the past few years. Well...on to UT again......dahm I think I might get addicted to this game;)

i used a hercules geforce 256 sdr for over 3 years. that thing was awesome and its a great back up card.

Back