• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little help w/ MBM5 plz...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YellowDart

OK guys and gals... here's my beef w/ MBM5...

I just recently reformatted my HDD. After reinstalling Windows XP, I reinstalled MBM5. Ever since I've reformatted, MBM5 will NOT display the correct temp readings for my CPU. I set everything up exactly the same way that I had before I experienced the problem...

My mobo is a DFI PS83-BL, which isn't supported by MBM, but I've always gotten the correct reading by having it read through the Winbond 2 2N3904 sensor. But now, it will give me a correct reading for about 2 seconds (which is how frequently I've configured MBM to refresh the temp readings). After that initial refresh of the readings, it displays temps ~20°c lower than normal... I KNOW these aren't the correct readings, as the CPU temp is being read around 5-10°c below my ambient temps. :-/

I'm stumped here... and starting to get pretty p***ed. I'm wanting to OC w/ in the next month or so, but won't feel comfortable doing so if I can't monitor my temps!!!!!!!!!!1

Just a quick note to answer all your initial questions: I have reinstalled MBM5 and updated MBM5 on more than one occasion... it does the same thing every time.

If any of you can't really help me here, would you happen to know of another good temp monitoring program out there that's decent???

Thanks for your help guys...

Back