• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k Dual Monitor Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, here is the situation. I used to be on WinXP Pro, but decided to go to Win2k. I have a dual monitor setup, using a
Primary: Radeon 7000
Seconday: GeForce 2

I setup everything, and started Win2k, got the drivers installed. Now here is the problem. When I start up my computer, w/ the AGP/PCI startup configuration in the BIOS, the OS will begin to start fine, but no display ever comes up at all.

When I start up w/ PCI/AGP, my primary monitor drivers seem to fail, leaving me constantly in 640x480 mode, w/ 256 colors, while the secondary card works fine.

When I disable the secondary card, the display will freeze right before it logs my user in. Help?

Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated. Right now, I am posting this in safe mode -_-

Ok, I've narrowed it down to being something with when the nVidia drivers start, but I dont know why. I have been able to do a dual boot w/ WinXp, and they are the exact same drivers, so it has to be something deeper. Anything that might help?

Alittle more info that may help somebody help me. I went and got the Windows release nVidia drivers. No luck. I got the nVidia release drivers. No luck. I have not tried older release nVidia drivers. Might this possibly work?

Back