• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dear god, Step aside Apple Cinema HD Display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeh, I've seen that before. Imagine playing Doom3 or the like in surround vision, you'd have a massive advantage. You could fully immerse yourself in the game.

I think these monitors are made by another company but I can't seem to find a link. They make even more impressive ones than this one. One series they make uses 12 LCD's in a 3*4 rectangle. You can get it using 12 17",19" or 21" lcd's. They run of quad output versions of professional videocards like the Quatro and Fire. I think there is a fair bit of special softwear to go along with that as well. They are used by day traders and people like that, who need to view a whole lot of info at once. I'll keep looking for the site, I saw it a couple months ago but can't find it again.

HungryForHertz said:
Yeh, I've seen that before. Imagine playing Doom3 or the like in surround vision, you'd have a massive advantage. You could fully immerse yourself in the game.
First of all, that would be nuts, viewing that much at one time. I think I would have a visual overload and pass out on the spot. Second of all, how would you find a desktop image with a nutty screen resolution like that! And wouldn't you lose track of where things are on the screen?

:drool:
It would be awsome if you could get the game working with that (using the whole screen). And it would help in games if it was a wraparound view or something like that, cause we have good peripheral(sp?) vision.

thats real expensive...id rather take that money n put it into a projector..play doom on like a 70'' screen...alot cheaper too.

yea, I think that was the place I was thinking off. Thanks for the link.

Only $124 000 for the top model screen that isn't a wall. With a deal like that you really can't go wrong. only another 14k for a spare screen incase one of your 10 craps out.

Back