• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far away should my microwave be from my Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

Hey, my room that contained mybed and used to contain my computer would get way to hot, 2 stories up, summer + not that big of space.. thus i moved into the non fixed up basemnt where sound travels and can be easily heard by my parents even more..oh well headphones later on at night...ANYWAYS, I have so much room in the basement and its so nice and cold, i have the second house fridge with the backup milk and stuff and 4 couches and universal gym and other exercises stuff / modding tables (3), SO NATURALLY i got an old toaster and MICROWAVE.

HOW FAR AWAY SHOULD THIS MICROWAVE BE FROM MY MONITOR / MONITORS or does it have any affect (or effect?crap..) on them.

I use CRTS. Oh and is there any difference between the lcd and crt monitors if microwave could hurt them...

THANKS

Zoltan

not sure about this but I would think that the microwaves could do something to the components of your computer. I think the only thing that bothers crts is magnets

Well, microwaves are a form of electromagnetic radiation.

But thats all i got, and learned somethin about super heated water too!

this all according the FDA (sorry, mostly relates to food and stuff(is the fda yknow))

Best i could do for now

Edit: Also, this article has a little info, though it doesnt get much into it, or microwave ovens. Microwave ovens are designed to release minimal radiation though, but some still gets out. The farther away the better.

Last edited:
Ian Cody said:
Well, microwaves are a form of electromagnetic radiation.

But thats all i got, and learned somethin about super heated water too!

this all according the FDA (sorry, mostly relates to food and stuff(is the fda yknow))

Best i could do for now

Edit: Also, this article has a little info, though it doesnt get much into it, or microwave ovens. Microwave ovens are designed to release minimal radiation though, but some still gets out. The farther away the better.

ya i have read and watched a show about t super heated water too!
lol
freaked me out when i saw it on tv ( ahh the learning channel is awsome)

My room used to be right next to the kitchen, and the microwave was about 3 or 4 feet away from my monitor behind a wall. Every time the microwave was in use my monitor's screen would dance around like it was being degaussed (though not quite as hard to read)... That used to drive me crazy. I don't know if it was doing any damage, but I would avoid having it that close just so you don't have a dancing screen when you're cooking up food.

Back