• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to upgrade from 27" to 32" monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R1S8K

Hello,

I have a 27" Qnix QX2710LED, I bought in 2014 for like $320. It's an IPS and I love it, if it wasn't for the size, I would keep it and I'm really happy with it.

But it's now a bit smaller, I bought a 49" Samsung TV and put it like 2m away of me but it was very annoying and tiring to keep watching so I put it in the living room and it's nice now where it actually belongs :)

So going to 49" was a bit too far, then I knew that I just need something little bigger than 27".

I thought that 32" would be a nice upgrade.

I surfed Amazon and found LGs, ACER, ASUS, Samsung and AOC to be the most frequent 32" monitors. But they are mostly VA or TN panels.

I'm happy with my IPS monitor, the colors are really vibrant and lovely to play colorful games like Borderlands and similar games.

I know that TN panel isn't for me but I couldn't find an easy option for 32" IPS monitor.

Any recommendations ?

I have a BenQ PD3200U in the office, which I'm quite happy with. However, it's a work monitor so I don't know how good it would be for gaming. I mostly went for it because I needed a large 4K screen for juggling lots of windows at the same time.

Monitors will likely be better suited for the task...though you'll likely be fine with a TV. Just be sure you're resolution is 2560x1440 or above while sitting that close. I'm arms length away from a 28" and no way I would go bigger (I have two monitors now for the extra screen real estate).

I have a BenQ PD3200U in the office, which I'm quite happy with. However, it's a work monitor so I don't know how good it would be for gaming. I mostly went for it because I needed a large 4K screen for juggling lots of windows at the same time.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm searching for 2K IPS 32" monitor. I want to know if a VA panel is a similar color rich like the IPS.

Monitors will likely be better suited for the task...though you'll likely be fine with a TV. Just be sure you're resolution is 2560x1440 or above while sitting that close. I'm arms length away from a 28" and no way I would go bigger (I have two monitors now for the extra screen real estate).

I'm 1.5m/2.5x arms away from my 27" monitor. So how would you think if you are this far from your 28" monitor. Would you need a bigger one ?

When I get involved with gaming or surfing the web, I forget about it, but I think about more often than before.
So I think I pretty sure that I want a bigger monitor.

Anyway, I would buy one on Amazon for God's will and would try it for sometime and put the 27" aside in case I wanted to switch back and sell the 32" and consider it an experience.

But my only concern is that I want a monitor that is rich color like my Qnix IPS monitor.

Back