• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burners not working right???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Ok I hope you guys can help me with this problem. I'll try to keep it short and to the point.

I have 2 optical drives both setup on the secondairy IDE controller. The master is a liteon LDW411s DVD +r +rw -r -rw, the slave is a liteon LTR 52327s burner. Ive been having trouble with this seetup and cant burn files from my hdd. I can copy disks to the cdr but not to the dvd. When I try to burn files from the hdd I get a error message as follows

Burn process failed! Could not preform EndTrack

Ive tried with 2 different brands of blanks and at several different speeds. I have only 1 burning program installed on my system to avoid conflicts in that area. I'm using Nero 6 demo for now. I have purchased the program though I havent activated the keycode yet so I'm using it as a demo program. Do I need to change my configuration on the IDE controllers or is it something else? Is the demo version holding me up? I wouldnt think so but then again I dont know for sure.

Please guys help me out here. I want to get these drives working properly.

Thanks

i doubt its the demo version. are the jumpers on the drives set up correctly? is it possible to give each its own ide channel?

try to make the dvd burner as a slave and cdrw master... and also make sure nero didnt install any virtual drives, if it did u can remove it in the options. virtual drives can cause some experience sometimes.

Well the CDR is working fine now that I removed the DVD burner. And yes the jumper settings were right. I'm going to try to rework my config so I have 1 hdd and 1 optical on the primary IDE and the same on the secondary IDE. I wonder if I should make the DVD burner the master on the secondary ide? What do you guys think? I know having the opticals on diffrent ide controllers is the best way to set up a system but it is a real pain getting the ribbons to stretch the proper distance and stay out of the way for air flow.

Last edited:
yes i think the hdd should be master also. but yea on the manual i remembered reading something about how two burners didn't like to be on the same channel. glad you got it working now, off to get some more borgs eh?

stan03 said:
yes i think the hdd should be master also. but yea on the manual i remembered reading something about how two burners didn't like to be on the same channel. glad you got it working now, off to get some more borgs eh?

Not realy after borges. I want to get my DFI board working. I've had it for a while and didnt get a driver disk with it. Newegg refurbs are great prices but you got to do some work. Anyway I downloaded the drivers and could'nt burn em to a disk. At least I have that solved for now. I realllllllly dont want to tear down my main rig to reconfigure the IDE ribbons but it looks like I'll have to.

Thanks guys for the posts.

Back