• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Reccomendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I was looking into "extreme cooling" and my only option to get below 20C is obviously peltier or vapochill. I looked into vapochill and its TOO expensive and peliter is expensive also. I was planning to get a watercooling kit, and put peltier cooler on my processor. Im a newbie at the peltier cooling stuff, so do you think I could get a peltier cooler under $300? Thanks, help would be greatly appreciated!

what you could do is make a water chiller that can handle the load for your system i am almost done with mine and i should have the new pics of it up soon but my whole system had cost me about 50 bucks i just had to pay for the freon that is used in the system when i recharged it but everything else i dumpser dived for and got all the parts pump and copper from a local hvac company so use your skills and if you dont look up a friend of yours that is in to hvac and he or she can help you build your design

I would love to build my own system and what not... but... I dont have connections with stuff like that. I'm only 15 with no job but managed to save up about 300 bucks and I've decided to spend it on peliter cooling. I would love to get my 2.6 to 3.6+ and for it to be stable. I would also love to overclock my video card higher. This heatwave in southern california is really making me mad. I would like my comp to be cooler and get higher overclocks! What would your recommend for a newbie with no connections? lol

ok first i have a question, do you want peltiers on cpu and gpu?
i juts put a peltier on my processor and i am getting load temps of 11°c and idle of -16°c
i have a maze 4-1 with a 170 watt peltier
also do you have anything in the way of water cooling gear already?
i am gonna assume not for now and see what i can get for 300

cpu block: maze 4-1 from danger den $50 link
cpu peltier: 170 watt peltier from ebay (thermal enterprises)$10 or a "320" watt peltier for $17 link
gpu block: maze 4-1 gpu from danger den $65 link
pump: via aqua 1300 $18 link
radiator: danger den heater core $30 or dual heater core $35 if you have room link
fans: 2 or 4 aluminum 120mm fans $9 each from jab-tech link
tubing,neoprene,hose clamps,and various other things lets say $40-50

if you get the 170 watt pelt you should be able to power it off most any decent 400+ watt power supply with atleast 16 amps on the +12v line.
if youy get the more powerful one then you are going to need a strong power suply with atleast 25 amps on the +12v line
and you should be able to power the 80 watt pelt in the gpu block with your main psu it takes like 7-8 amps at 12v

more to come in a little while.
you should check out what i did with mine.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=314362

you just need to be VERY careful about insulation with any pelt setup
i used alot of neoprene foam and some dielectric grease to seal everything
i even put a piece of neoprene on the back of the mobo held in place by a piece of plexi that is also holding my water block since i couldnt get enough compression with the supplied springs without crushing them

Well, I dont have another dedicated computer case but I will look into that. I would love to get something a lot smaller because I can out of desk space. I would love to get something that is slim and not to bulky. Looks dont really matter... But... when I go to LAN parties... where ever my computer goes... the pelt goes. My computer already weighs 40 pounds as it is :). Is there anything smaller? Thanks for responding :).

With a peltier setup, you're also dealing with the water circuit that is cooling your peltier - if you don't have any previous experience working with water-cooling, then you probably should do some research on that first, you want to be familiar with the basics before you jump into something more complex, like a peltier loop.

Have you considered going to watercooling gear for starters, and possibly adding a peltier in later on, once you've got a little bit of watercooling experience under your belt? You can always purchase a Maze 4-1 Waterblock, and use it without the coldplate for starters, and then add a peltier to the mix later on.

Back