• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 Multiplayer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortyes

Has anyone heard about the multiplayer version of this game or any mods that might be coming out?

I am not a single player kind person..like multiplayer more. Single player will scare me !@#@!#less.

there is multiplayer...its 4 players only tho...iv been too busy with single and havent tried multi yet

I think 4 players is perfect. Still will have the eerie feeling. 10+ players wouldnt make it as scary.

Multiplayer is just regular 4 player deathmatch, as well as team deathmatch. The game is NOT limited to 4 players, and the multiplayer is COMPLETELY customizeable by MODMAKERS. Thus, modmakers can have as many players as they want (up to 32 I believe) and the doors are wide open as to what they can do. I think a co-op mod would be sweet. Also, a Team Fortress mod is in the works, as well as a total conversion.

there is already a team fortress mod in the works who say they want to get it out asap and already have things like maps etc designed waiting for implementation - they say the 4 player thing is just how doom 3 ships and is in no way a cap to mod makers...so technically anyone here could make their own uber small mod which is just finding whereever it is that holds how many people can connect to a server and increasing it.

Back