• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8NSNXP-939 4 Dimms Ram Installed - Problems!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kgeorge78

Registered
Using this board with an FX53

When using 2 dimms (2x512) - Mem bandwidth is huge (about 6000 using Sandra Mem Bandwidth) - Runs at 2x200Mhz - DDR400

When 4 Dimms are installed (4x512 identical Corsair TwinX5000),
Ram runs very slow (2x160Mhz) getting only 3500 using Sandra Mem Bandwitdth)

There is no option is the bios to run the Ram at 200 or 1:1. I am using bios F3
Am I missing something. I love this board but it's drving me crazy!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah, yeah, you're missing something...

When you enter the BIOS press "CRTL + F1" (99% sure thats it) and it will add a new menu item...which has RAM Timings, HT mutli, RAM Speed etc.etc....you will have to press CRTL + F1 everytime you enter the BIOS...

pantner said:
ah, yeah, you're missing something...

When you enter the BIOS press "CRTL + F1" (99% sure thats it) and it will add a new menu item...which has RAM Timings, HT mutli, RAM Speed etc.etc....you will have to press CRTL + F1 everytime you enter the BIOS...

Got it, Thanks!
Guess it helps to read the manual - One more thing,

When I try to save my bios settings, the computer seems to go to sleep for a while then boots up with my old settings - Any other tricks on gigabyte for the bios to actually save settings??

My first Gigabyte board!

Thanks

ok, the reason that happens is because your RAM/CPU/MB can't handle the new settings....

I take it you are setting the RAM to 200Mhz, so try and relax the RAM Timings a little...

BTW its my first GB motherboard too...and i only found that CTRL + F1 thing last night cause my dad told me about it...apparently its the same with all giga-byte MBs!!!! :p

pantner said:
ok, the reason that happens is because your RAM/CPU/MB can't handle the new settings....

I take it you are setting the RAM to 200Mhz, so try and relax the RAM Timings a little...

BTW its my first GB motherboard too...and i only found that CTRL + F1 thing last night cause my dad told me about it...apparently its the same with all giga-byte MBs!!!! :p

Running 2 Gigs (4x512) at 1:1 will not work!!!!!!

The bios will not save properly - Even if I leave the ram timings to Auto, the system will defaul to running the ram at 166mhz.

HELP!

Panther, add me to your msn [email protected] and we can talk about the board

ok...

1.(and most importantly) ITS PANTNER....P-A-N-T-N-E-R....not panther...;)
(lol, just messing about!!!)

2. added you to MSN ([email protected]) and nothings happening...

3. No idea what they all mean...there are just soooooo many!!! not to mention confusing...

Back