• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PlayStation controller on PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w00p

Hi, I'm looking for a way to get my PlayStation2 regular dualshock black controller to work with a PC by filling up a USB port.

Why? I simply love the controller, always have, and it would own to use it for some of my PC games with inhandy keyboard controls.
So does anybody know if some sort of PS-slot -> USB converter exists, and if it would be easy to make one myself...

Also, how would I manage windows(XP pro) to actually recognize one? I mean, its not as if it comes with a driver CD...

They exist, and somehow it magically knows how to use it :D I bought mine at Radio Shack for $10, and you can find all sorts of different models from vendors like Lik-Sang.

A couple of things worth noting: AFAIK force-feedback doesn't work, even if the adaptor says it does, and the buttons on the PS2 dual-shock won't be pressure-sensitive when used in windows.

Back