• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba DT01ACA200 2 TiB HDD: Toshiba diags doesn't see it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

Everything except Toshiba's HDD diagnostics sees my 2 TiB Toshiba DT01ACA200 HDD. I'm not using this HDD anymore and would like to scan it for any bad sectors before putting it away until it's inevitably needed again. It's connected to my PC via eSATA (and the eSATA isn't problematic because my other box sees it as well). If Toshiba had self-bootable HDD diagnostics I'd use the other box, but it doesn't, it needs a Windows box to run (windows 7 through 10 I believe). The reason it's not seen by the Toshiba HDD diagnostics could be because the eSATA is running off an Asmedia SATA controller, but this fact can't be easily changed.

If I were to run my eSATA external enclosure off the USB 2.0 connector would this slow the diagnostics down significantly?

If I run a generic SMART disk long scan will this mark and reallocate the bad sectors to spare sectors?

Back