• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 pro-any real differences???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

I was hoping to get a MSI 9800 pro this weekend but Newegg is out right now. I see quite a few more and am wondering is there any big difference between the cards besides extra 'goodies'?? they seem to be within about $10 of each other.
I may get the Prolink 5900xt golden limit instead(overclocks like crazy!!!)

Not really any difference other than the bundled stuff...

The Sapphire is the most likely to have a r360 core and to succesfully flash to an XT, but I think they all using r360 cores now so get whatever you'd like i guess...

also.... people have had problems getting a vga silencer on the msi cards.... like burnbush said.... the sapphire card is one of the best gambles for a r360 core on an xt pcb..... get one of those and you have a free upgrade to an xt... :)

From reviews I have read the MSI is recognized as a 9800 xt.

Senater_Cache said:
huh??
I have nver heard such claims.
care to share a link or name the review site??
I've read it here in a few threads myself since thats the card I'm planning on myself. If I find links I'll edit & post them ;)

Back