• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please rate my case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol i dont think putting stickers and blue tape is a mod heh. Nice cuts on the grills though (i wish i had a drill thing like that, i used scissors)

nice cardboard window lol

lol, NOTE TO EVERYONE: the blue tape was for the blowhole that i never got a chance to cut out and btw i dont call putting stickers on my comp modding, i call it '' ricing'' lol :D

Did you paint it yellow? Or did it come that way? Anyways I like the blue and yellow together, it's cool. I guess I'm a fan of stripes.

Here's his first two pics:

Before:
Picture%20!.JPG

During:
Picture%20@.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't of even posted what ud done as you have done what every one does who gets a new case, cut out the fan grills!!! That isn't a mod, sorry, ur the kinda person who would say a cathod light is a mod too, when it simply isn't, a mod is something that is orginal, or a lot different from the standard case, and cutting out fan grills does not cut the mustard in the this is a mod category no matter how simple it is. IT ISN'T A MOD!!!

Phil

a mod stands for modification, so basically doing any thing to a case (breaking the window lol, cutting a door, making a hole, etc) anything that is done to the original casse is a modification. But ya in the pc modding community or whatever cutting grills just dont cut it heh

Lighten up a little bit guys.

Simply put, cutting holes in your computer where your fans go works very well for your computer's air flow. However, like other's have stated, it really isn't a mod. Technically, I guess it is, because you're altering the regular state of your computer, thus modifying it. But, it's become very commonplace, and the bar has moved a bit and no longer deemed as a "mod". Nice work though, very clean cuts.

imo i think mods need to take more time lol. With that hole saw drill thing it probly didnt take to long. I consider my grill cuts mods (not really) because it took me 5 hours with tin snips and some garening scissor things hehe (the cuts are all jagged)

Looks to me like a nice little mod there. Now your new baby can breath deep. It's cetainly a good place to start.

Now about that color.... ;)

Thats a good start for a first modder. I mean 99% of us did this as our first mod. It is now our job to pull him into the black hole of modding. Soon he will own a drimel, then a jigsaw, then table saw, then milling machine.....Sparks and metal will be flying every where as he mods his case.... Ok ok I got a little carried away there, but on a serious note, it is hard to take that first step of cutting your brand new case for the first time. Congrats on taking that small step to a future of destruction :). Oh and whats wrong with yellow?

yea, believe me, i would have gotten a dremel last year when i got sucked into the modding ''hole'', but my dad doesnt approve of it...damnit :(

Back