• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please rate my case mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey everyone, I have an idea.... Lets flame the guy and say that he's not really modding anything even though he said that he was just getting into modding cases and this is his first attempt. Even though he was prolly really excited about getting into it and that he did something (even if it was something everyone would do). Lets make sure he knows that posting something like this, even though he just wanted to post to show off that he has started and was prolly just looking for some positive feedback, isnt welcome and that his "mod" wasn't really one.

Clean looking holes btw. Good luck w/ whatever you attempt next.

By the way, nice work, now that you have done your first mod you will constantly be taking a step further. It will be an addiction. :D

He posted this in another forum I hang out in and the replies from the members there were exactly what they should be like, contructive and helpful and encouraging. Nothing like the "I'm cooler so anything you do is junk" attitude of the responses he got from some people here. Young guy getting into modding and he post's pictures of his work and gets put down, how does that help him learn and encourage him to keep it up and become a member of the modding community? Nice job :-/

furiousfords89 said:
yea, believe me, i would have gotten a dremel last year when i got sucked into the modding ''hole'', but my dad doesnt approve of it...damnit :(

Bah! parents sometimes. Luckily mine have eased up significantly now that I have a job. Hey why not get some blue spray paint or blue car stripes and make those blue stripes on the front more permanent? I like them stripes. Of course that stuff might be hard to get if you are having trouble with your dad...but keep trying! He'll give in eventually :p

Mortis03 said:
Hey everyone, I have an idea.... Lets flame the guy and say that he's not really modding anything even though he said that he was just getting into modding cases and this is his first attempt. Even though he was prolly really excited about getting into it and that he did something (even if it was something everyone would do). Lets make sure he knows that posting something like this, even though he just wanted to post to show off that he has started and was prolly just looking for some positive feedback, isnt welcome and that his "mod" wasn't really one.

Clean looking holes btw. Good luck w/ whatever you attempt next.

Just to let you all know, I was being sarcastic w/ the first paragraph....

This is a fine mod bro. IMHO anything that either improves the eisthetics or performance of a pc is worthy of mod-dom. This will definitely improve airflow thus possibly improving performance. Granted its not a huge mod, but a good one in any case to do to any system that is easy to accomplish and cheap to fund.

I feel bad for the responses, most of the time alot of people are constructive here. I remember my 1st mod. I was nervouse cuz if I screwed up I couldnt afford a new case. But once you do it you start to like it and wonder what else can I do. Then the addiction grows. Keep up the work and dont let the comments get you down. You modified you case from the stock form so it is technically a mod. Its just that some people are used to seeing some amazing mods done on this forum and others so the bar is higher. But keep it up and I hope to see you do some more mods in the future! :)

Back