• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't push higher than 2V on my NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eus

Registered
Heya...

I'm currently *burning-in* my cpu with some massive voltage... After upping, I'm now ready to pass beyond the 2V.

The CPU is an AMD TBred 0248 2400+. I clocked it at 200x5 to keep the temperature down while I make the test. I am watercooled and my idle temperature average 32°C running at 2V.

However, as soon as I go at 2.03V, I start getting errors in Prime95. 2.06V won't even boot in windows.

Anyone have any idea how I could get over this problem? I believed that as long as the temps are good, this cpu shouldn't have any problem running 2.1-2.2V... Is it limited by my board? Would a custom bios help me out?

BTW: The board is an Abit NF7-S v2.0 r2

Thanks

Wow, you're already in obscene territory with that amount of shock you're giving your little silicon. But since you're on water I suppose you're virtually fearless hitting 2.1-2.2v, but whatever, considering your good temps, the only thing I can think of about that instability is maybe due to current leakage. Other than that it could be anything I have no idea about. :beer:

Back