• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAX rev: 1.1 overheating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svetko

I've been having an overheating problem forever, and just today I realized that 2 of my caps (the 2 big ones next to the cpu) have been leaking. How big of a problem is that? Do they cause my system to lock all the time? I replaced my PSU, case, added 3 extra fans on the case, just added HD fans, and my system stll crashes. I know for a fact that it is a overheating problem, because the only time when it's not crashing is when I have the case open and a huge fan blowing in it.. (very noisy too)..

When I restart my computer and go to the BIOS to check on the temperatures - they are at 41C for the system and 60C for the CPU.

I recently got a new radeon 9800 pro, and I even haven't tried to overclock it.

How can I tell which part overheats? :mad:

I posted this problem here a couple of months ago, and I thought it was my PSU.. but the problem remained.

Do you think the problem comes from the leaky capacitors? :bang head

thanks.. but just to restart?.. then the overheating is a seperate problem?

where do I buy new ones to replace them? are there any procedures or tricks to do that?

i believe it would cause the voltage to fluctuate alot, which inturn would cause the computer to become unstable and restart. Its kind of like overclocking in the unstableness part.

how is it related to overheating, because when my huge fan blows in the open case my computer does not restart and does not become unstable.. this makes me think that it IS a temperature problem.. and since I cooled every possible part and I still have that problem (if no fan is blowing) - I'm freaking confused. :bang head

Back