• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HS for socket a and socket 754???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArTiFaX

hey guys! I really need too buy a new heatsink for my athlon xp, but it seems that none of the thermalright ones are compatible with both sockets :confused: So I was wondering if any of you know of a HS that is compatible with A7N8X-E deluxe and will fit on both socket a and socket 754. Thanx in advance!!!!!!!

Thier is no Heatsinks that i know off thats Compatible with the socket A and S754, because they both have diff mounts. The socket A board use the actuall socket or some heatsinks have brackets. The S754 use the brackets o nthe mobo or the 2 mounting holes.

Thier might be a heatsink that will work on both system but im unsure

thanx for the links guys! maybe i'll just go with the alx-800 as it performs a little under the slk900a which is an EXCELLENT heatsink. so i mean how bad can it be??? :-/ I can get it $15 cheaper then the slk900a as well!! :p

Artifax,
Go for it, if its really the best for cheap, but you won't get the performance out of the alx800 as you will out of a slk 800 or 900 due to the fact that the alx's are aluminum and have thicker fins, so once a fan is on it at high speeds as someone posted in your earlier thread on this, it won't cool as well...
I know you are on a tight budget, but I just think you can do better in your price range of, what was it.. 35 to $45 u.s?

svc has slk900a on sale for 19.99 U.S., can get it here for 5.00 U.S. by UPS ground..5-6 days.. and whatever it costs to get it to you... I'd be willing to do that for you, if you want.. you just need to figure out shipping cost from here to there and other details for shipping to canada... then grab a 92mm fan..and your chillin

ya i already discussed gettin sum1 ship it to me here in canada, thanx for the offer tho :p The shipping cost to get from there too here just isn't worth the hassle, shipping is $15+, so i would MAYBE save $5 or so, but that just ain't worth it!!! Why can't they make an AWSOME heatsink thats compatible with both sockets, just another way to hook people for money, damn bloodsucking leeches!!!!!

Back