• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i was bored last night...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dukat

... and played around with the doom timedemo. here is the result.
Mappe2_26963_image001.gif

strange thing is that i get more frames with 1024*768 and 2xAA than without AA :confused: i repeated it serveral times, always the same result...
drivers are 61.77

lol, ohne is ok, but mit is better ;)
i play either on 1024 4AA or 1280 2AA. that way the performance loss is very moderate and it looks soooo nice :drool:
now i will see what a little overclocking can do :burn:

dukat said:
... and played around with the doom timedemo. here is the result.
Mappe2_26963_image001.gif

strange thing is that i get more frames with 1024*768 and 2xAA than without AA :confused: i repeated it serveral times, always the same result...
drivers are 61.77

Did you discover the 4x+ AA bug in the 6800NU's?? Basically you lose 99% of your framerates at 4xAA and 1600x1200, due to a design defect in the 6800NU's only.. This doesn't effect the GT's...

Curious if you saw this, because I sure did in my testing.

no, sorry i only tested 1600*1200 with 2AA and without. if youre interested i could do it though. just thought that this wont be very playable so i left it out.

dukat said:
no, sorry i only tested 1600*1200 with 2AA and without. if youre interested i could do it though. just thought that this wont be very playable so i left it out.
I totally disagree. I'm running Doom @ 1600 x 1200, 4xAA, 16xAF, Ultra quality settings, averaging 40- 60 FPS, time demo clocks in @ 47.9, more than playable in my book. :p

Edit: Great looking graph by the way! :) Nice work!

Last edited:
well, if its playable on your rig that doesnt mean that its playable on mine :eh?:

Back