• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia FX5600 / Fan Stoppin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomUK

Hi,

I have updated to the latest drivers for my gfx card and the fan has stopped in windows but it works again in games but then stops again in windows about 2-3min after finishin a game, ? this kinda scared me the first time around and i quickly turned my pc off :D but then i played with it and it worked and it made sense but is this normal activity and is it right? :-/

Oh right, i really didn't know this was normal as this is the first gfx card i have had where the fan stops in windows.

Thanks.

If u unlock coolbits, you can force the fan to always stay on. Thats if it worries you that much :)

stang8118 said:
If u unlock coolbits, you can force the fan to always stay on. Thats if it worries you that much :)
How do you use coolbits to force it on?I used coolbits on my 5600ultra and coolbits did what it always does,unlock the clock frequency tab.
It was a little funny that the card would run hotter in 2d apps than 3d hah.
I didnt like that.

Maybe thats because the fan switches off in 2d applications?

Back