• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

omg cable is ridiculously fast!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeseius

They just expanded their bandwidth! I used to get 350KBps, NOW I GET 550KBps(4450kbps) i just downloaded that halflife video from fileplanet thats 62MB in 2minutes! now thats ridiculous!

Neeseius said:
They just expanded their bandwidth! I used to get 350KBps, NOW I GET 550KBps(4450kbps) i just downloaded that halflife video from fileplanet thats 62MB in 2minutes! now thats ridiculous!

It sounds like you have Cox Communications. I had just recieved an upgrade to that speed with them over here in California. Good deal it is for the price considering that I have a bundled service with digital telephones which all together is much cheaper than SBC and DSL.

J

I've been getting around 4900kbps for almost a year, however, they recently downgraded my upload, and REALLY capped it, at what looks like 100kbps :(

Congrats on the new speed increase though!

I'm still waiting for comcast to up it, I doubt they ever will....at least for not quite a long while yet........oh well.....I get 372k/s on downloads.....and 31k/s uploads....so its not too bad.......

Well I am stuck at 768/128 cable just now, will be back to dialup shortly for a few weeks :cry: but back on 768/128 asap. Fastest we can get in the UK is 3Mbit/256kbit.

I can only imagine what 4 and 5MBit must be like ... :drool:

DDR-PIII said:
i like mine :) i must bragg ;) 7+Mbit ;)

you bad :burn:

many cable providers have increased their speeds to 3mb. I was on 1.5/128 and found out back in March, that we were getting upgraded to 3mb and that it would be complete by end of April, I checkeck on April 2, and I had 3mb/256. It's great, I was ok with 1.5/128, now w/3mb and cache server in between, look out. Just this laptop is an old slow Cely 300, but hey I'm in the garage wireless. Works for me. All my other much faster pc's just rock, using Mozilla and Firefox.

and here i sit with my verizon dsl, never breaking 150KB/s. Oh well, i love it compared to the dialup i had

My DSL is what I've started referring to as counter-productive.

Ever notice how everyone always has a faster download than upload? Yeah, not me.

65 KB/s up, 28 KB/s down. On a line rated for 768/128

Honestly, I would MUCH rather have, say, only a 3 or even a 2mb down connection, if I could have a faster upload! A half-meg or even a meg up would be *wonderful*.. maybe in a few years when fibre gets well spread...

Mr. Chambers said:
Honestly, I would MUCH rather have, say, only a 3 or even a 2mb down connection, if I could have a faster upload! A half-meg or even a meg up would be *wonderful*.. maybe in a few years when fibre gets well spread...
Yeah I hear ya. I would love to have a 1Mb upload. Then I could run large game servers. ;)

I thought they capped uploads so much so that people didnt run servers off their connection...?

yep and file sharing stuff = loads of upload.

I think uploading costs the isp more as well due to some hardware.... (ok maybe I am wrong....)

570kbps down and 256kbps up = 60KB down and 30KB up

I STILL DON'T HAVE INTERNET!!! :cry:

Hopefully this weds i'll get Comcast....ran into nothing but problems in every aspect of life so far. *Grumbles*

How does one get their Cox upgraded (i heard this somewhere else too), or will they notify me if it's available?

you just callem up, givem ur phone number on the account, and they will tell you what service you have, and you say i want premium, they say ok heres how much you will be paying from now on, have a nice day, and as soon as u get back on the computer your speed has gone up!

Pro*Banshee said:
My DSL is what I've started referring to as counter-productive.

Ever notice how everyone always has a faster download than upload? Yeah, not me.

65 KB/s up, 28 KB/s down. On a line rated for 768/128

Something is very wrong:( I would first check to make sure you have filters on all phones hooked up in your house because it can cause what you are experiencing. Once you are sure you habve filters on all phones including Tivo's and whatever else is plugged into your phone jacks (except your DSL modem which should not have a filter) Call your DSL company and tell them about the problem. They should be able to get it straightened out. Good luck:D

i have cox and got the upgrade as well, my upload is now 768 kbps! they most love me alot over a cox head quarters

Back