• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vdimm mod guide for the Epox 8KDA3+ and 3J

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If so how do you make sure the pot is not at full bore when you power up.

I wonder, can you use a smd grabber instead of soldering?
And can you use a resistor instead of the pot, like we did the 8rda's..

LOL Y do that just make sure you can undo the mod without it being notice that it was modded. I use SMD grabber's I got from a friend here @ these forum's I believe his user name is OnDborder and that way you dont have to solder on the board :D

Pot work's best. I took a chance and used 2 x 10K vr's for the vcore and 1 x 10K vr for the vddim the vddim I had to turn down the vcore I was @ 1.72 when set to 1.65 in bios.

I forget what I set bios @ but as of right now I'am running 3.3 and I had to turn it down to get there with the 10Kvr. Just set the bios to lowiest vddim and you should be ok make sure pot is @ 10K also :D. A64's dont like really high vddim with there onboard mem controller so it is not recommended to go over 3.3 for long period's.

Nope sure didn't. I even tried the bios 5\16 or whatever along with a unplug power and wait 10 min's and still have vcore flux issue I just wish they would come out with some beta bios or something hell it's been over a month sence the last bios release.

jonspd said:
Nope sure didn't. I even tried the bios 5\16 or whatever along with a unplug power and wait 10 min's and still have vcore flux issue I just wish they would come out with some beta bios or something hell it's been over a month sence the last bios release.

jon, have you seen this?

http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25914&highlight=bios+8kda3j

Edit: Link seems to be dead in that thread for the bios, but I have a copy of it. I haven't used it because I haven't experienced the problem (stock voltages), but I'd be happy to host it somewhere if there's interest.

A64skate said:
would I be better off with the modded bios or a vdimm mod?

The modded BIOS only has the 1.75v and 1.8v options available for Vcore. It still only has a max of 2.8vdimm...you would need the vdimm mod if you want more than that.

BTW Here is a copy of the modded BIOS if anyone wants it.

Back