• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbitlabs.com CS:Source Benchmarks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iwillburnbush

That's right all you biatch fanboys/girls out there, both Nvidia and ATI cards in the same category (excluding the 6800gt and the x800 pro) performed nearly exactly the same!!!! Granted, this is a beta version of the game and both ATI and Nvidia will almost definetely have a crap load of driver improvements to do, but for all of you who keep saying that Nvidia owns doom3 and ATI owns HL2, STOP!!!! It isn't true (Well part of it anyways)...

Check for yourself at www.xbitlabs.com

the ATI cards seem to have a 20fps gain in alot of areas compared to the 6800ultra and but i still think that the 6800gt is the best card out there right now

Its about time we saw an unbiast review. Nothing a driver update wont fix, even if it doesnt I really dont care. Its close enough.

On a completely different note, I cant wait to play CS:S on large servers, it looks awesome :D

Sentential said:
Its about time we saw an unbiast review. Nothing a driver update wont fix, even if it doesnt I really dont care. Its close enough.

On a completely different note, I cant wait to play CS:S on large servers, it looks awesome :D

You won't say that when i pwnz0r j00r f4s3z0rz!!

Anyways, i wish they would put a more in-depth description of their settings, like the whole "world" thing. Ah well, it looks AWESOME on all cards, it doesn't even look too shabby on the FX's. I CANNOT WAIT for it to come out!!

PS: 12 pipes vs 16pipes is a HUGE difference, judging by this bench.

iwillburnbush said:
That's right all you biatch fanboys/girls out there, both Nvidia and ATI cards in the same category (excluding the 6800gt and the x800 pro) performed nearly exactly the same!!!! Granted, this is a beta version of the game and both ATI and Nvidia will almost definetely have a crap load of driver improvements to do, but for all of you who keep saying that Nvidia owns doom3 and ATI owns HL2, STOP!!!! It isn't true (Well part of it anyways)...

Check for yourself at www.xbitlabs.com

too bad I am getting 82.36 fps at 1280 4x8x..

haha...gg..

theELVISCERATOR said:

haha...gg..

At stock video? The rest of your setup is also significantly faster. 3.83Ghz P4 vs stock 3400+ 64? The stock memory bandwidth on A64's is like 3GB/s, isn't it? What do you get at stock video speeds?

theELVISCERATOR said:

haha...gg..

that's because with the ATI tests, they tested with 4xAA and 16xAF, not 8xAF like the nVidia cards. (don't you just love how some sites mess with some simple minds...not talking about you, elviscerator) lol

also, like EB and techreport, they used lower then max results when testing...water on "world", not "all".

why are some sites affraid of using the most amount of shaders in this test, when benchmarking the newest of cards?

so what if the 6800u and the 6800gt comes in 3rd and 4th with max in game settings, it's not like the framrate is slow.

mica

micamica1217 said:
that's because with the ATI tests, they tested with 4xAA and 16xAF, not 8xAF like the nVidia cards. (don't you just love how some sites mess with some simple minds...not talking about you, elviscerator) lol

also, like EB and techreport, they used lower then max results when testing...water on "world", not "all".

why are some sites affraid of using the most amount of shaders in this test, when benchmarking the newest of cards?

so what if the 6800u and the 6800gt comes in 3rd and 4th with max in game settings, it's not like the framrate is slow.

mica

not to be rude but best not to [*** u me]

taken from the comment's section in the article.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/discussion/1091.html

NVIDIA’s old-generation GeForce FX cards can only produce anisotropic filtering 8x, whereas ATI’s boards and NVIDIA’s new products produce AF 16x. So, we tested the FX parts with 8x anisotropy and ATI’s as well as 6800 parts with 16x anisotropy.

micamica1217 said:

mica

retested at those settings and got

1024x768 112.41 ,1280x960 =94.3..

Back