• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing os on laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

hey. I got this dell laptop with winxp and its pretty buggered up and I want to reinstall it with my slipstreamed sp2 winxp install cd.

Will I have any problems? driver wise since it is a laptop?
or should it be pretty smooth sailing?

well i dont know how it will go as its a laptop ...and most os have all the things that a normal compute would have..

but as it was a dell computer.. i tryied installing xppro on my dell and i only can do it by useing the "dell os" then upgrading to pro..

For drivers, if you didn't format the Dell install yet, there should be a folder under C called drivers, copy that to a CD or whatever. Then there's the more tricky stuff like touchpad and battery software... I am not sure, I think it'd depend on compability but the dell resource cd should have it all. If yoou can't dig through that, login to Dell and you should be able to see some utilities that you can download.

yeah I saw on the c: drive a folder called drivers with all the drivers. copied that!

installing right now.... laptop's hd is a bit slow :)

Back