• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed new harddrive, now I get NO SOUND!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

I have an abit nf7-s rev2.0 with all the latest nforce drivers. i added a 2nd harddrive (slave) and now, for some reason, i get no sound. ive tried speakers and headphones, nothing works. its not on mute either...am i overlooking something..or is there something i did that couldve caused this. any help is appreciated.

i have a few ideas.

reinstall the chipset and/or onboard sound drivers.

does taking the hdd out fix the problem?

lock the agp/pci ratio. i dunno why overclocking would affect intergrated sound, but try it anyway if you don't have any luck with the first.

Typically, there are jumpers on the audio headers on the motherboard, near the PCI slots, for connection to some audio cards. Usually, the onboard sound is only active when certain pins of these headers are jumpered. Make sure you didn't knock them off or something. Check your motherboard manual for the correct placement.

Back