• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Northwood at 3.5GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i feel for amd.
i dont care how much faster they are MHz for MHz now...
With the extra cache the .13 PIV will have... and the 2GHz clock advantage..... thoroughbred (AMD's new CPU after Palomino) better kick some marjor *** in the MHz department.
Or AMD will soon become a second rate company, yet again.
K5 anyone?

It's not really a 3.5GHz Pentium4 but rather a 3GHz (Still Sweet!) that is overclocked to 3.5GHz BY Intel. Thats why the processor crashed in some stuff at 3.5GHz.

I have been saying for months that we all should hold off buying the Willimette P-4 and wait for the Northwood P-4. Looks like I was right. That will be my Christmas present to myself this winter. Look out, 2+ gig here I come!

Holly chipwars, bat man!

DId you say 3.5ghz?? Whoa.. Swweeet!..

Um hey everyone did I tell ya my b-day was comming up SOON ? ;)

Wondering though, if intel has already taken 500mhz off the head room.. how much is left?

-Trek

ARRGHHH!!!
I was just about to buy a 1.4Ghz AMD/EPOX combo....Now I dont know what to do!!!!AGAIN!!!

Geez! Im going to hold off on buying a new cpu until the multi is unlocked or until amd gets to those clock speeds. 3.5 ghz! 8 ghz! thats alot of power for seti!

ehhh no big deal

NO big deal, the P4 at 2ghz doesn't really impress me, its benchmarks compared to a 1.4ghz athlon are so insignificant. Our eyes can't even notice the difference the P4 is making in FPS on 3d games. As for running other software such as photoshop and 3d studio it does preform better than the athlon but again its soo insignificant its not worth the money, and since you need to get dual DDR-SDRAM to fully see the potential of the P4 its gonna cost even more, I would wait till AMD releases its 1.7GHZ Athlon, those are gonna blow away P4 2.2ghz probably..

Also you can overclock a 1.4ghz athlon to like 1.7ghz and itll smoke the P4

intel is going in the right direction but still, the P4 2ghz is actually a 1.55ghz athlon in my opinion....no big deal:eek:

Back