• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case cutting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ALENGOSVIG1

Registered
hOW ARE PEOPLE able to cut things like the picture below outa there cases. there's no way it was done with a dremel.

entry308a.jpg

entry293a.jpg

etc, i dont know how they do it. any input would be great!

laser etched? this must be professionally done right? there no home too to do such a thing is there? where could i get somethime laser etched? is there shops for that and does it cost alot?

You can get some very fine-tipped side cutting bits for the dremel - I bet with one small enough you could do it, though it'd be damn hard and take a while.

Another thing is make sure your dremel has the adjustable speed.. when I bought mine it didnt have that option... didnt even know about it till months later... With the adjustable speed dremel you should be able to do many different mods with variable details....

Dremel-work can do it. It isn't all that hard, u don't need a small drill bit, not neccessarily. For smaller etches, just use a cutting disc. I haven't gotten to cutting aluminum but i've done work on ceramic, wood, and plastic. I'll post a pic when i do get to cutting my aluminum case.

Good question....

I haven't done any case cutting, yet, he he. But I would consider getting a small hole saw (maybe .5" dia or smaller) and using that to remove the bigger chunks of area inside the transfered design. Then, I would go in with the dremel and work out the fine stuff as suggested by others.

Where did you find those pics? It might be worth going back and seeing if there is an email address for the owners of those cases. Then you could get answers straight from the source, so to speak. If you find out more let us know.

if you've ever heard of a Roto-Zip, its the best tool there is, like a dremel but their bits cut through practically anything.
look it up, when virtualhideout.net was around back in the day, there was amazing mods done with the rotozip

Back