• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird booting problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pauly-

Registered
my pc does a weird thing

i have the rig in my sig, and i have been able to run prime stable for a whole weekend.

BUT whenever i close my computer for a few hours, say for the night, the next boot will blue screen me just after i get to my desktop and then the 2nd boot will be allright

its getting annoying because it already corrupted one of my windows installation and i had to reformat and i fear it could happen again.

will run memtest when i can spare a few hours...

and yes i was leaning toward some PSU problem because when i tried to add a 80mm fan i got the beep code about PSU problem (AWARD: continous short beep) so i disconnected it... so my guess would be my PSU really runs borderline. Is there a way to warm up the psu? like going into bios for a few minutes before starting windows ?

if it corrupted your OS, i'd think it sounds like you don't have your agp/pci locked. lock it down at 66/33 in the bios if not.

Back