• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long for Prime95 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shuRe

I am soon to purchase a Hyper 6 hs + fan, and will then o/c a64 3200+, but have been told to raise fsb (htt) in incrememnts of 5mhz (multiplier locked). Do i need to run prime 95 everytime after each 5mhz increase to check for artifacts and if so for how long? running it over night after every increase by 5 mhz seems a bit time consuming really!?

For ramdon testing I do about an hour to two hour's test before rasing the fsb anymore. But for my final test I alway's run anywhere from 24-48 hour's of prime and then about 6 hour's or 3dmark2001 and 03.

12 hours should be fine for anything except server related work. i usually like going for 24 hours cause i can turn it on in the morning and turn it off the next morning

Find your max that boots into windows, then drop 100mhz on the cpu, or 5-10mhz on the HT and prime. Usualy 1hr is enough for basic testing.

Yuriman said:
Find your max that boots into windows, then drop 100mhz on the cpu, or 5-10mhz on the HT and prime. Usualy 1hr is enough for basic testing.

What he said.

And after you find the highest speed that's stable for an hour, let prime run for 12-16 hours at that speed and if it pass, it's pretty stable.

Back