• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime 95 Vs Dual Prime 95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

here's the thing I usually run dual prime, torture one prime for small fft and one for large fft. Today occasionally I ran only one for large fft and it failed, it always passes dual prime and failed durning single one. Also durning single prime there were more test it failed at 14 when usually when I dual prime it only gets 6 tests all passed. I dropped 1 fsb and it passes single prime. Now is the dual prime more creditable or single. One more thing I am getting closer to 4300 mhz barrier might be that the fact because I can't load windows at 4290(fsb286) but I can load windows at 4314(fsb287) and ran dual prime for hour

It's really hard to say what's going on.
Except that your system is borderline stable.

You might have no problems at all in 3D; you might be able to play games like UT 2004 or Far Cry for 24 hours a day, but Prime stresses the system more than anything, except for CPUBURN. There is actaully 1 other program that might heat things up more than CPUBURN.

I really don't trust stress testing these northwoods that intensively; it might be making the GNDS problem even worse. High freq at stock vcore can do it, high vcore can do it, heat can do it, all 3, + stress testing dual primes, just pushes the problem along even faster.

If you could dual prime for 12 hours and single prime 12 hours with no error (I'd never attempt that on a 3.4 EE), and at 1 FSB higher, single prime errored out after awhile, I'd reduce FSB by 2 and use it there.

That is an amazing overclock, by the way....but I'd bet my left bun that that chip won't be able to maintain that speed for more than a month or two....

Back