• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

30 mhz FSB loss for DC? Normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red02TA

I have the NF7-S 2.0. 2X256 Hynix Bt-d43 memory, and an athlon mobile 2600+. I have been running for a long time at 209X12@2-3-3-11. I decided last night I would try to up that and push my memory after reading on the board people getting really high FSBs with the Merlin Uber 25 bios.. So I flashed it, DID THE L12 mod, and started testing.

Individually, my memory goes to 250 fsb at 3-4-4-11. No problem. Passes prime95 and memtest86.

Together in Dual channel, I can't get it over 220(prime95 and memtest stable. System boots and runs fine at 240).

Is this normal? Any ideas if not? I have read tons of threads, and seems a lot have issues past 220/225, but some don't. I also have not read about people being able to do 250+ in SC, and so much lower in DC..

Thanks for any tips.

John

What is your chipset voltage at? If you recall what I said earlier you need atleast 1.7v

As for the Dual-channel issue, my mobo has similar ones. Try moving your DIMMS into different positions and re-seat them.

Hell atleast your mobo boots fine with them. I cant even get mine to POST sometimes because of the "no DIMM" installed siren :-/

Thanks for posting.

Chipset is at 1.7. I tried them in 1 and 3 and 2 and 3.

Your sig is what put me on this quest :) I want 260 in DC as well!

I got an idea, maybe there is a conflict. Try booting at 250 in SC. Then add the second stick once your settings are saved. Then boot your PC back up. Also what are your BIOS settings?

Have you disabled all those BS options except for CPU Disconnect?

Finally what voltage on the RAM are you using? You need atleast 2.7 for 250+

Thanks for trying to help me out so much!

Tried CAS 2.5, and even though my ram is fine with it up to around ~[email protected] in SC, in DC, it hits the same wall at ~[email protected].

I am at 2.8V in Bios. I tried the boot to 250 and then save and add another stick thing. No love.

Now this is where it could get interesting.. Bios Settings. What are the BS settings? :)

Do you just want a list of everything? I know I have AGP buffer enabled, CPU interface enabled, etc. If those the BS settings you are referring to, I can try and disable them(CPU interface makes no difference I know)..

Just odd we have almost the exact same setup.. Not all NF7's were created equal for sure though. I remember that from when I first bought this thing.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
John

Appears to be fixed with D26 seed Bios

Well, it appears the new D26 seed bios by Merlin fixed my issue.. I am right now running [email protected]... Would always error out before, almost immediately, and has been running at that for several passes error free..

I have no clue what could be the difference between the D25, and D26, but whatever it is. I am happy as a hog.

I will post up final results with a screen shot later.

John

Oh and Sentential - you da man!

Red02TA said:
Well, it appears the new D26 seed bios by Merlin fixed my issue.. I am right now running [email protected]... Would always error out before, almost immediately, and has been running at that for several passes error free..

I have no clue what could be the difference between the D25, and D26, but whatever it is. I am happy as a hog.

I will post up final results with a screen shot later.

John

Oh and Sentential - you da man!
Anytime bro, kick up the Cas to 3 and raise the vdimm to 2.8 That should give 250+

sandra250.JPG

cpuid250.JPG

Here is a shot 250@3-4-4-11. I am going to let my system run for a while at this level to see how it shakes out. I have my CPU lower than normal, to rule that out for crashing. I iwll bump that back up in the coming days.

Yes, I believe I am using the CPC ON Bios. I read that gave better speeds, and for 2X512 you want to use CPC off. Which are you using?

250 :attn:

Back