• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Case?? V1200B OR Silverstone TJ03b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scanido

Hey all,

I need your opinions on these two cases. I really can't decide!

Silverstone TJ03
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=1431&osCsid=763471d6e9f839b860c68a083fe147c1

LIAN-LI V1200b
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=1899&osCsid=763471d6e9f839b860c68a083fe147c1

I like the Silverstone because it was the same designers that made the CM ATC110 which i really wanted back in the day. Also, I know the quality and am familiar with the layout because I had an CM ATC111SX.

...But the Lian LI is new and daring! Layout will be more of a challenge for watercooling. Quality i'm not familiar with. Does the wheels come off because i'm going to put it on my desk, not on the floor like most people?

Both are almost the same size and price is roughly the same from where i'm buying.

Please help me decide, what are your insights???

Thanks

Scan, if you cut a hdd rack out of the lian, you can put your core and pump down there and have a super clean system with like 8"of tubing. The lian has my vote.

Oh, an you can always MAKE the castors come off.

I say go for the Lian-Li. I mean its got the bling factor :p of the upsidedown setup and the perforated skin to aide in cooling. You said it would be more of a challenge for watercooling but isnt a challenge half the fun of messing around with your computer? Lian-Li makes some of the nicest cases around so you shouldnt have to worry about the quality.

I vote for the Lian-Li.

Thanks all!

I went w/ the V1200B after all. I wanted something unique so the LianLi won. Thanks for your comments!

BTW, looking forward to putting a new Aqua watercooling setup in it!!

Awesome! Make sure to make a log of everything you do to it so us commoners can see how you make your case soooooo clean. Oh, and is your old case now for sale?

I sold the old one. Man i loved that case, I had to sell it though space was getting tight!

Anyways, I got the V1200b. It's deep, how i like it. Plenty of room!

The styling however didn't really jump out at me like how my old case did. It looks better in pictures. In person it wasn't the same.

I guess It'll learn to like it, somthing i never want to do! I'm going to see if i can refund it actually, if not you'll see it here in the classifieds.

Sentenial, pwnt by pat,

Just what i was thinking, we've got the same taste! The silverstone kills the Lian-Li in terms of classiness and looks IMO. Wiring and tubing is also a lot easier on the Silverstone.

Here's some pics i took with both cases. You all probably know which one i kept!

LianLi V1200b
V1200a.jpg

V1200b.jpg

I really didn't like the profile, specifically the wheels with the curves on the side. Didn't like the silver behind the grill.

Silverstone SST-TJ03:
TJ03a.jpg

TJ03b.jpg

TJ03c.jpg

TJ03d.jpg

All i can say is i love this case! The quality is better than my previous Coolermaster ATC111SX. It's stronger and the annodizing is better, less susceptible to scratching, I really like the look, especially the front vents!

Did i say huge, tons of room comapared to my previous case. Can't wait to watercool it!
TJ03e.jpg

side.jpg

So you got both? Nice. First thing I said when I saw the Lian just now is "WOW! is that butt ugly". I'm surprised wiring is easier in the silverstone. Why didn't you transfer the water or have you just not gotten around to it? It's a shame you sold your old one. I would have payed a good bit since I can't find 'em anywhere anymore.

Hows the airflow in the Silverstone? I'm thinking about selling my Lian PC6070B for one of those.

pwnt by pat said:
So you got both? Nice. First thing I said when I saw the Lian just now is "WOW! is that butt ugly". I'm surprised wiring is easier in the silverstone. Why didn't you transfer the water or have you just not gotten around to it? It's a shame you sold your old one. I would have payed a good bit since I can't find 'em anywhere anymore.

Wiring was a breeze because it was so similar to my older case. The setup now is temporary until i figure out what sort of watercooling parts I need. I have so much space now i'm going to make good use of it and put a dual 120mm rad up there.

The old case had to go, had no use for it.

navicaph said:
Hows the airflow in the Silverstone? I'm thinking about selling my Lian PC6070B for one of those.

It's pretty good about 2C higher for system temps, but It's quieter than my older case, I guess because its more concealed with no front grill and pushes less CFM than before. 120mm VS dual 92mm fans

Check out this review by Anadtech:
http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2000&p=8

Ad Rock said:
That might be the cleanest wiring job I have ever seen in a case inside your silverstone. That case just looks amazing too bad you didnt like the Lian-Li.

Thanks! :beer:

Functionally the Lian-Li is a notch better than the Silverstone in terms of drive storage. Space is about the same, quality as well. Otherwise this case beats out the LianLi in looks. I like things simple!

hey, scanido i just baught the same black silverstone case from the classifieds. I can't wait till i get it. I also plan on doing a dual 120mm rad setup on top. I just got myself a fedco 2-302 ALL copper heatercore for 19$.

Hey scanido, think the back two 80mm fans could be replaced with two 92s? I think I'm on the verge of purchasing one, I just don't really like the brand stamped on the front. Any ideas of how one would get rid of it, if I do get this case?

you make a good point scanido, but the black version of Lian has always been its worst face

As far as Lian's are concerned, brushed aluminum is the only way to go. That case looks a lot better unpainted.

jackrungh said:
you make a good point scanido, but the black version of Lian has always been its worst face

As far as Lian's are concerned, brushed aluminum is the only way to go. That case looks a lot better unpainted.

I thought so too. The black just wasn't it on that case! I din't like the silver plate behind the front grill at all.

navicaph said:
I wonder if I could just sand it off without damaging it?

nah, I don't think you'd want to do that! You'll have to get the same texture, look which would almost be impossible. Plus, you'll take off the annodizing.

About fitting 92mm fans on the back, it is possible with a bit of modification. Physically it can fit.

Back