• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 pro or ti4600, which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

I have to sell one or the other. I can't remember which is the top dog of the 2. If I would guess I would think the 9700 is the better.

Yea, unless your into strictly older dx 8 games the Ti is just plain outdated. For its time it was the king, and even blew some of the next gen cards away. The 9700pro is a sweet card and is going to wind up sitting very nicely in the under $100 price point soon. Unless the 5x5900 makes it there which it might with the 6600 out soon, it will be untouchable. Hell. even if the 5900 does go sub 100 the 9700 is a clear winner.

I think both cards will run neck to neck in DX8 games.

In DX9 games, the 9700 pro, even the non pro, will make the TI-4600 looks really bad. Where are you getting the 9700 pro??? I thougth ATI stop making them loooooooonnnnngggg time ago. Why dont you go for the 9800 pro.

Oh no, I'm planning on putting one in a computer I'm putting together for a friend at work. I think I'll use the ti4600 or maybe even a ti4200 in his "box". Shoot, his family is running a HP Pavilion right now, anything will be an improvement..
I already own a 9700pro.

Back