• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heavy OC on 2600 Mobile, Questions, Advice, Suggestions and Critiques

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

Okay I am goign to be buying a 2600 Mobile fro9m excaliberpc within a few weeks. My questions are here

What is the best steeping? Or are they diffrent, I checked threads and failed to find much help.

the "AQ . . ." or the "IQ . . ." stepping?

What does the L12 Pin mod do to a 2600? I read that it sets the default fsb to 166mhz OR 200mhz, that doesn't make sense, which is it? Or which is is on a 2600? I do understand that it may or may not have any effect

Also, what about the pin mod to achive multis up to 24X, what effect does that have a 2600M? I understand that it activates the multis from 13-24, but doesn't the 2600m have a 14X multi?

I am on water cooling DIY, so I should get decent temps, Im expecting to be up in the low 2.1V range. so I assume I will hit atleast 2.6ghz, Im praying for 2.8.

Setup
DIY WaterCool
XP 2600 mobile with what ever stepping is in
Antec 480W true blue
Abit NF7 rev 2.0
1gb of Mushkin DDR 400 with heat spreaders
Gefroce 5700 Ultra with ddr3 in the loop (not oced yet)
Zalaman passive sinks on North and South chips.

IQYFA's seem to be good OC'ers. I don't think you'll need any multipliers above 14 anyways. You'll want a higher FSB because its what helps performance and communicate with the system bus.

so the IQ IS better. Okay cool, thats basically it,

but what about the L12 mod? does that set the default to 166 or 200 or is it random?

Back