• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried board? Screwed up Jumpers? Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keiron

I just switched my working system over to water-cooling and it worked for about 5 hours (6002 block on a 2600+ XP-M, dbl DD heatercore /w 2 120mm Evercools, and an Eheim 1250) with a OC'd temp of aorund 34º. However, stupid me decided the temps were a little to high on the HD, so I plugged a extra fan into the system to cool it (I have a Cheiftec dragon, so I have the "easy" hd cooling snap-in). Much to my horror, the next thing I know the system was beeping, so I yanked the plug from the back fearing that my WC had sprung a leak. Luckly, no leak had occured, but the last fan seemed to cause some problem that resulted in my board only fireing up for a second or so, and only the fans on the PSU spinning.
Figuring I managed to kill the PoS 350W I had running, I ordered up a nice new 550W Antec True control and installed it within a few min. of it coming thru the door. However, much to my dismay, the system did the same old trick (however this time, it did power the NB fan).
I am out of ideas and quite afarid I fried my NF7-S rev 2. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this, or better yet, how it can be fixed without costing me another $100 for a replacement?

No beep noise at all, I am pretty friendly with the beep codes. Been thru the heart-attack inducing 2-tone more than once.

wow uhhh how much did tht psu cost?? anywayz return the psu if its not your prob and i think it prob is the mobo im gettin mines rma sooo try tht if all else failz your back in the market

Well, he might as well save the money on shipping and keep the thing, since he'll have to upgrade it eventually. On the board though, I'm really not sure man. I have no idea what's wrong.

Came up with one idea while I was in class today, I'll test it out tommrow.
The PSU may have caused a re-set in the CMOS, which would in turn would have reset the system to not boot when there was a fan on the cpu fan slot. Again, I'll lat you guys know how it's going.
Either way, I'm going to keep the PSU. The old one was junk, absolute junk - it's the only thing becides the case that I havn't replaced in the system since I got it in like early 2000.

Just tried to power it on the famious cardboard, to insure there was no grounding issue, and tested it with a fan. Seems the board is dead, can't think of any other reason why this would be happening.

From the cardboard I'm guessing you have alrady done this, but incase you haven't you should try running the board with nothing but the bare essentials. I'm talking cpu on air, one stick of ram, vid card, PS and power switch. Nothing else, not even the reset switch (I have seen one of these get screwed up so it was always contacting, motherboards don't appreciate this). Obviously clear the CMOS, and see what you get. You can also try swaping out other components to see if something else is broken, but it does sound like your mobo is a little under the weather.

Did try that. I ended up RMA'ing it to Newegg, who ever thou its out of the 30 day warantee period are willing to RMA. Muchos props to them.

Back